Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I'm Most Thankful for Today



As we enter into this day of Thanksgiving, I thank God for sending His Son, Jesus. He died for me. My soul has been ransomed from sin and death. My life is in Him. Not only am I forgiven of all of my sin, I have been given His righteousness. In Christ I am holy. God is my Father. I have been adopted into His eternal family.

I have all of this because of His mercy and my faith, which He gave me. I gladly rejoice and give thanks to the one true God that loved me and gave Himself for me. My mind is incapable of comprehending how amazing this is. All I know is that I once was lost and dead to God, but now I am found in Him and have life eternal.

The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend
The agonies of Calvary
You the perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son
Who drank the bitter cup reserved for me

Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You

By Your perfect sacrifice I’ve been brought near
Your enemy You’ve made Your friend
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace
Your mercy and Your kindness know no end

Lover of my soul
I want to live for You

No comments: