Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So Glad HE Knows


Micah 5:2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

When I read this text, I gain a great comfort. God knew exactly when, where, and through whom His Son Jesus would be born. There is nothing He does not know. God is above all things. He is before all things. His sovereignty has no end.

As I enter this day, I have a lot on my mind. There are crucial meetings that are going to take place today that will determine the direction of many lives. I have peace knowing that my Father knows what is going to happen, that Jesus is with me, and that the Spirit of God is going to work to bring about God's perfect end. I am thankful that I get to live in community with so many Christ-honoring leaders that will be praying and seeking God's face on these decisions as well. Like me, they have hope and are confident in the King that has called us to serve His divine purpose.

As you enter your day, I pray that you too have a peace in knowing that God already knows what you are facing. He is prepared to see you through it and will work in it toward a destiny that He has in mind.

What joy can be ours if we will simply trust and obey! God really does have the whole world in His hands.

No comments: