Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Countries Do the Craziest Things


Psalm 2:1–8 Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain? 2 The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the LORD and against his Anointed One. 3 “Let us break their chains,” they say, “and throw off their fetters.” 4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. 5 Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying, 6 “I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill.” 7 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD: He said to me, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father. 8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.


Today, the citizens of the USA have the right to vote and elect officials that will determine the laws we live by. These leaders not only represent the people in matters of law, but also collectively speak of the character and commitments of the country.

I wonder what the people will do? I wonder who this election and other elections say we are?

My prayer: Father, please make the USA a nation that does not seek to live outside of your authority. Please bring revival because I know we need to repent. Give us your mercy and grace and through the power of your Spirit the ability to love you, honor you, seek you, love each other, care for each other, and live as one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all. I know one day we will live in a perfect world under the complete authority of Jesus in the new heaven and new earth. Allow us to be a glimpse of what that can be when a nation loves the Son in a sinful world. In the holy precious name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments: