Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Renewing Strength


I am running wide open these days. I have never been more busy than I have been over the past few weeks. It's mostly good stuff and I am loving almost everything that God has me doing right now, but I cannot believe how fast it is all happening.

I was talking to the guys I work out with about it this morning and they shared the same feelings. Our kids are growing up, our lives are full of good things, and challenges are there, but our faith is strong and we feel God's strength to go forward.

What a joy to be engaged in life knowing that the Lord has willed it and that He has strengthened us for the tasks that we are engaged in.

Someone once told me that you need to slow down and take it all in. Another friend once told me just to hang on and enjoy the ride. There is wisdom in both and I want to slow down, but that choice just is not an option so for now I'm going to hold on tight and enjoy the privilege of being a partner to my precious wife, a parent to my kids, the pastor of an amazing church, and a participant on this journey with my friends.

But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

No comments: