Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Why Do You Love God?


“Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.” Job 1:9-11


My prayer:

Father,

My life is in your hands and although my burden is a burden, it is light compared to those that carry pain and guilt living life on their own, dead to you, and responsible for not only their sin but the out come of their life. You have called me and made me your son and for that I am eternally grateful.

In this world I am often tempted to love you for what you give me and do for me rather than simply loving you because you are you. There are none more wonderful than you. There are none more kind, true, gracious, merciful, patient, powerful, amazing, breathtaking, worthy, and loving than you.

I pray that I will wholeheartedly love you and trust you as I go through trials knowing that you have a plan for them. Do not let my attitude or my hope be determined by my circumstances. Let me live in the security of your grace and find rest in you alone.

I ask this in my savior's name, Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

ruth said...

I love the story of Job because it always reminds me that when I am living right, God is not the one who brings calamity or disease or any other trial but Satan is - because he is jealous of God's people. And not only is God not the source of my pain, He is the one working to bring good out of it! Just another of the 10 billion reasons why God is so wonderful :)