Saturday, September 11, 2010

Praying the Pieces Come Together


"Beware in your prayer, above everything, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. Expect unexpected things, above all that we ask or think. Each time you intercede, be quiet first and worship God in His glory. Think of what He can do, of how He delights to hear Christ, of your place in Christ; and expect great things." --Andrew Murray


My Father in Heaven,

In the quiet of this morning my mind is filled with thoughts of your greatness. A billion light years a way from where I sit there is a star burning and you are there. Somewhere in a hospital in Nashville in the heart of a young mother there was a tear that occurred in a routine surgery that is healing and you are there. In my life and family and church there are plans and hopes and you are there.

Not only are you there, but you are working to sustain and accomplish your perfect will.

It is to you, the Almighty, that I pray knowing that just as you are able to care for the universe, so you can care for this precious mom, me, and all that I love. You can do more than I can hope or imagine. I do not see all of the picture nor can I put the pieces together, but I trust you. Enable me to simply believe.

I pray in the power of the Holy Spirit in the Holy name of my Lord Jesus. Amen.

Ephesians 3:20–21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments: