Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Big Ol' Sissy


My day started at 2 am yesterday morning when I woke up feeling sick. I was up until about 5 am. I got a couple of hours of sleep before going to work for meetings, but then headed home in the afternoon and slept about three hours before attending the monthly elders meeting.

Getting sick is the worst. I am such a sissy too. It just shuts me down. My family has learned to just shut the door and let me sleep. That's what I do when I'm sick. I just crash.

When I start to come out of it, I always focus on what the Lord has for me in the sickness. There have been so many times that the Lord used a sore throat, a stomach bug or something to give me a word from Him. I believe God has a purpose for everything and that if we are careful to pay attention, God's presence can be apprehended when you drive, brush your teeth, run, or while getting ready for a busy day.

In those quiet moments it is so much easier to listen. So I'm listening, Lord.

No comments: