Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Day the World Is Straight Up


Today is the Autumn Equinox. That means the tilt of the earth's axis is not inclined away from or toward the sun. The center of the sun is at the same plane as the earth's equator. The name "equinox" comes from the Latin aequus (equal) and nox (night), because around the equinox, the night and day are approximately the same length. So tonight at 10:09 CDT, fall begins.

When I think of how this works, I am amazed. It causes me to stand in awe of all that God made in six days. God spoke into creation all that is and we are here now to glorify and enjoy Him forever.

My prayer is that I will worship the maker of heaven and earth and honor him with my life that He has graciously given me. I pray I will not waste this day. For His great name and for His glory my desire is to make the most of all that He has blessed me with and honor Him with it.

Thank you, Jesus. John 1:1–3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

No comments: