Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Relax


This morning someone was talking about how the news in Louisville reported two cases of the flu. I find that fascinating. In a city that size with so many other things to discuss and report that they felt people needed to know about two individuals that got the flu.

The question is why? Why would they report that? I have to believe that they know that people panicked in the past about the flu. We had the swine flu and word was that there was not enough flu vaccination to go around.

I am thankful as a believer that I never have to panic. There is no news that should be able to cause me to be anxious. In Christ I can have constant peace if I discipline my heart and mind to simply believe who the Bible says God is. If I can believe in the power of God and the truth that He loves me and has saved and adopted me into his family, then I never need worry. My God is sovereign and has a plan for every contingency. It may not be something that will make me comfortable or even happy, but it certainly will bless my soul. That is what a blessed life is. It is a life that can live through any circumstance with peace and joy.

Philippians 4:6–7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: