Monday, December 20, 2010

Heaven's D-Day


Yesterday, I spoke on the incarnation of Christ. It is God's D-Day. The Lord is in the process of redeeming a people for Himself and reclaiming this planet for His glory. When Jesus came and took on flesh, the Kingdom of Heaven began it's land assault on darkness. The final victory is still to come. Until that time, God calls His adopted children to join Him in the family business by living holy lives, sharing the Gospel, and loving all people.

After the service, a dear friend came and talked to me about his hope. Christmas Day is a hard day for him. His precious wife went to be with the Lord the day after Christmas last year. He has been grieving ever since. Christmas is a sacred celebration for him, but he approaches it differently. His hope comes from the fact that he knows that Jesus is coming again and when He does there will be no more separation from God and those who love Him. In those days there will be no more death, no more tears, and no more pain.

Please pray for this dear brother during the Christmas season. He has the encouragement of his church family and support group, but he misses his girl.

Like the Psalmist of old, he is looking to the Lord for strength.

Psalm 61:1–4 Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. 2 From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3 For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. 4 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

No comments: