Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Asher Is 4!


It is hard to believe that my Asher is 4 today. He was born around 1:30 in the afternoon at the Medical Center here in Bowling Green, Ky. It did not appear that God was going to allow Carrie and me to have another child, but He did and we are so thankful He did.

We gave him the name Asher for a reason. We felt so blessed to be able to raise another child to know and love Jesus that we gave him a name that means blessing and happiness. Asher was one of the tribes of Jacob, but in Psalm 1 the word "blessed" is the word Asher.

As I look at him now, I laugh thinking about the ginormous baby he once was. At age 1 the guy was around 40 pounds. His wrists looked like we'd put tight rubber bands around them because of the little fat rolls. He had no ankles. They were cankles - calves that merged to the ankle.

He didn't want to sleep. He did not sleep through the night until after 6 months. At the age of 1 he started escaping from his baby bed. One of my favorite memories was hiding behind his door watching him bounce and then flip out of his baby bed landing on his feet and going over to his toys never losing his passy. That night we tried to rig it where he would stay in bed and he stood there sucking on that passy. I could almost here his brain going into overdrive thinking, "I can get out of that!"

So today he is 4. Before I know it he'll be 14 and then 34. But for today I rejoice in the baby he was, the boy he is, and the man we pray he will be.

Pray for him with Carrie and me that he will accept Christ, marry and woman of great faith, and live a life committed to Christ's cause.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a proud Father.

Chad said...

You bet we'll be in prayer for him. We pray daily for the same with our son.