Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ain't Nothing Like a Friend


Proverbs 18:24
"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."


I have looked forward to this day all week. God has blessed me with opportunities to do things I absolutely love.

1. I get to see Asher sing in his Christmas program. Get ready America's Funniest Videos!
2. I get to see Mackenzie play basketball tonight. Barren County here we come!
3. I get to go to Jackson's basketball practice and hang with him.
4. I get to spend time with two pastors that encourage me and help me see how God is at work in powerful ways.

This last one is a unique privilege. It is so easy to get wrapped up in our busy lives and forget that we need to tune up our mental, spiritual, and emotional engines. Having friends that can empathize, appreciate, and counsel you in your life situation is so important. These dear brothers ask me about what I see God doing and they share with me ways they are serving the Lord and also keeping their soul healthy, their marriages strong, their kids focused, and their minds and bodies in shape.

We will talk about books and good sermons we've heard. Each of us are engaged in different mission activities around the world and will be able to share stories of things we know about going on all over the planet. We will laugh and give each other a hard time. We will pray for each other and share struggles. There will be several moments when I will have to write down something that will have a significant impact on me.

A day like this is precious gift. Pray for me and my fellow pastors that we will draw strength in Christ from one another.

No comments: