Friday, October 1, 2010

Everybody Gets One


I love the quiet of the morning. Every morning I get up and pray and then check on our three-year old and head downstairs. I usually go for a run, but before that I sit in the quiet of the morning.

Before everything gets nuts and schedules have to be kept. Before my kids start making requests and telling us stuff they should have informed us about a week ago that has to be turned in today. Before texts and calls and emails start coming in. Before it all, there is a quiet dark morning and short sweet prayer and a quiet whisper of "Yep, I'm still here. I'm still in control. You're still my adopted son. I still have the whole world in My hands. I'm still God. My plan is working. My grace is sufficient. Rest in me."

Everybody gets that quiet morning. Some sleep through it. Some rush past it. Some ignore it. But like God, it is there. It is a wonderful gift to be enjoyed.

No comments: