Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Power of a Plural


Ecclesiastes 4:9–12 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: 10 If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! 11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? 12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.


I love working with a team. God has given me certain strengths, but with those strengths come weaknesses. When my strengths are added to that of other people my weaknesses are offset and the outcome is greater than a sum of our parts. Together we form a body whose abilities are multiplied for God's glory and purpose.

This morning I met with two of our elders and was again reminded of how blessed I am to serve as the senior pastor of Living Hope. I not only get to be a part of a church that is living on mission and where my family is being discipled and cared for, I also get to serve with Godly men that work with me to oversee the flock and make me a better man, dad, and shepherd.

No comments: