Thursday, October 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home, but Mindful of Major City Needs


We are back from Los Angeles. The NAMB meetings were very informative. There is a great deal of change coming to that agency and I believe to our continent as a result of the changes to NAMB. Please join me in praying for our new president, Kevin Ezell and all the leaders that will influence the changes that are coming.

As far as LA... I enjoyed the visit, but I am thankful to be back home in Bowling Green. It's funny how life changes. There was a time when all I wanted was something new, something fast, and something more. These days all I want is to enjoy the people I love, enjoy the blessings God has bestowed on me, and enjoy the work God has called me to. The fact is my cup overflows (Psalm 23:5).

I grew up in a substantial city, but I have come to truly love my college town and enjoy the benefits of proximity, community, and the peace that comes with simplicity.

But that does not mean I or anyone else that lives outside of a major city can disengage form the needs in those urban areas. At our NAMB meetings, we learned of the declining condition of the spiritual health of our major metropolitan areas in North America. I will be surprised if Living Hope is not planting or helping plant a church in a major city in North America within the next two years.

No comments: