Sunday, October 3, 2010

Be Surprised If You're Not Surprised


I have been surprised a lot recently. There have been so many unplanned things that have happened that I am getting to the point that if I am not surprised, I'm surprised.

This morning I went running and it was around forty degrees. Just a month ago the high was over 100 degrees and I was struggling. I am surprised I was wearing winter running wear today.

A precious man in my church was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago, but was sitting in church with his wife two weeks ago. I went by his home on Saturday and spent some time with him. He will be transferred to Hospice today. He will probably celebrate Thanksgiving in heaven with Jesus.

My children are looking more and more like adults. It seems like yesterday that we had moved to Bowling Green and got Mackenzie signed up for preschool and Jackson potty trained.

Life moves really fast. You can have it all one day and nothing the next. There is not anything that should be taken for granted. Life will be done before we know it and then we'll have to live with what we did with what we had. I am thankful for the Gospel that gives me hope and reminds me that God will always love me. There is nothing that will change that. I have not earned His love and His adoption of me into His family is by grace.

God's covenant of grace will stand. My trust is in Jesus. He will never change. In Him we can enjoy the surprise that His mercies are new each day.

No comments: