Thursday, July 1, 2010

time

Where does the time go? That is a question I am asking myself a lot recently. It seems that the winter was just yesterday and yet here we are in the midst of summer break. My kids that recently seemed so small are now looking like someone else’s. My hair – what I have - is changing color. Time is moving fast. I feel that I cannot keep up.

I realized this morning that I haven’t blogged much this summer and spring. I was on a roll this time last year, but then I was on sabbatical. I was free everyday to study and write. There was more time for conversations and learning.

These days I am studying, but in the midst of a construction project, summer schedules, people in the midst of pain and crisis, and lots of amazing opportunities to see God at work through the ministry of Living Hope. I have so much to take in and feel incapable of doing much of what I have to do and even less time to share it with others.

I hope to write more in the days ahead. I write not because I think what I have to say is of great importance, but because the little I have to offer might bring others hope and encouragement and the reminder that they are dearly loved.

Today I want to share the fact that life is in front of us. We cannot change what is behind us, but we can learn from it. There is a world that needs to be loved and given the eternal hope of Christ. People are in need of friends and fellowship. God is on the move and has invited us to go with Him.

I do not think we can grasp all that God has to offer, but I know we can make the best of all that we choose to receive. When we do, we will feel as though not everything is under control. Our false sense of control will be lost. In the midst of engaging God and His mission we will see the Almighty at work and stand amazed at Him.

Today I am amazed at God’s grace and goodness to me. I stand in awe of his charity to me. In my dreams I never imagined I would have such an amazing wife that loves me so much and that I love with all of my heart, children I am so excited about, and a ministry that gives me such great joy and a greater belief in the God I love.

I pray your time is well spent today seeking out the greatness and sharing the goodness of God. That’s my plan.

No comments: