Saturday, July 17, 2010

Prayer of Thanks for a Good Day

Father,

I am thankful for this good day You have given to me with my family. My children have been with me nonstop. We have run, swam, played, gone to a movie, eaten, talked about multiple life issues and Your Word, and laughed today.

My wife was able to sleep in... a little. I had coffee going for her when she came down. We have laughed today. We have made plans for our future. Our life is full of love and grace because of You.

I am thankful for this good day because from the moment I got up until right now I have felt Your presence. Prayer has come from my heart to You so freely. You have answered prayers today. In your grace You have comforted me and given me wisdom when I needed it. Your Word has blessed my soul. Many of Your faithful children have inspired me, encouraged me, and helped me.

Thank you.

I cannot wait to preach Your Word tomorrow. I cannot wait to pray with Your people and give comfort, strength, hope and Your grace. I cannot wait to be with You.

My prayer tonight is that You would be honored on Your Day tomorrow. Bless Your saved people and let us all experience Your power. As I write this, Your church in the east has already started worship services. As the sun dawns on us here in the west, let us do our part in keeping the praise of Your great name going.

No comments: