Friday, July 23, 2010

Personal Battles

Judges 6:14,16 The LORD turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?” 16 The LORD answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together.”


We all have our personal battles to face. This morning I was praying with a young couple about to send their baby girl into an operating room. After praying with them, I headed down the stairs and spoke with a man that is facing a challenge to his future. He does not know what he is going to do. What he must overcome is significant.

Every week we will all have challenges to face. Some will be important, but uneventful and later forgotten. Some of them will be life changing.

In every situation those who live in God's covenant of grace can be encouraged. God directs us in His Word in how we are to live in obedience to Him. He tell us, as He did Gideon, to go in the strength we have. He also reminds us that He will go with us.

That is a great comfort to me. My strength barely allows me out of bed some days. But when I use my strength to get up and go, God provides His power through His presence in grace. It is in His strength that we can do all things and overcome the personal challenges we face.

Trust in God. Live in His presence. Enjoy and live in awe of His gracious power that is at work in and around you.