Friday, July 9, 2010

Our Best Strategy

Joshua was an amazing leader. As he entered the Promise Land and took out Jericho and overcame the defeat of Achan's sin, the nation had a lot of momentum. God was at work. The people were fulfilling God's plan.

But then the enemy sent a curve ball. Joshua and company could have knocked it out of the park, but in their overconfidence they did not pray.

The Scripture tells us in Joshua 9:14 "The men of Israel sampled their provisions but did not inquire of the LORD."

To determine the trustworthiness of the Gibeonites they used their best mental and physical abilities, but they didn't prayer.

Prayer is our best plan. Prayer does much more than we ever can.

My prayer today:
Father, I have no hope or meaning apart from you. Everything that comes at me today does so under your authority. All things will work for good because I love you and have been called according to your purpose. Therefore, I pray to you and ask for wisdom to see where your hand is at work so that I might join you. I pray for strength to accomplish your will. Give me peace in the midst of it all and let me love you and others as you have loved me according to your Great Gospel.

No comments: