Monday, June 21, 2010

On Mission in the Mountains

This morning I had the privilege of sharing the Gospel with two young men. I think I will have the opportunity talk with them again over the next three days. Please pray for Cameron, age 10 and Dustin, age 16 that they will believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved.

One of the things that always amazes me about personal one on one evangelism is what I learn.

I shared with these two guys separately. Their ages and needs are different. The words I used and the illustrations that we discussed were different. Each of them has a different background and story and that led them to ask different questions.

In each conversation I was reminded of the great need and truth of the Gospel. I was also reminded of the presence of the Holy Spirit and His amazing power to lead a conversation and to convict a heart.

In this spiritual war where darkness tries to conceal the light of truth it is a joy and an honor to serve the King of Glory. It is a powerful experience to be the clay jar that the Master uses to pour out Living Water.

I believe if more Christians shared their faith there would be more mature Christians. There is something that happens to the witness when the Gospel is explained, when questions about the Gospel are answered, and when the Holy Spirit is relied upon to do a miraculous work.

No comments: