Thursday, July 23, 2009

God Picks the Last

When God called me to be a pastor, no one was more surprised than me. Nothing about me being in the ministry made sense at the time of my calling. And yet, here I am twenty one years and one month after that initial call of God on my life serving God as a pastor. I am so thankful God called me, equipped me, and provided me with the opportunity to serve Him as one of His shepherds.

I am very thankful that God seems to like to pick first the ones that others would pick last. Take Gideon as an example.
Judges 6:14-16 The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?” 15“But Lord,” Gideon asked, “how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.” 16The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together.”


Our only hope is that God is with us.

Romans 8:31-32 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?


Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments: