Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun Day - Friday in Africa



We got up and enjoyed some coffee and time in the Word and prayer. We took a ride into downtown Niamay and bought some souveneirs. Then the fun started.

We headed south to an open area where giraffes are being repopulated. Our guide jumped in the truck and navigated us thirty minutes into some wide open spaces. I thought he was lost with all of the turns we were taking and then... we saw them. They were magnificient. There was a two week old baby, 2 two month olds, five mommas, and the daddy. It was something to see!

After that we grabbed lunch and came back to the mission house. We made calls, wrote blogs and got cleaned up. We took our stuff to the airport and so we are all ready to go.

We are leaving now to get our last meal in Africa. We should be in Paris by morning, Atltanta by the afternoon, and home by 6:30 pm. Please pray for traveling mercies.

Please also pray for me as I edit the sermon I will be preaching on Sunday. I am fired up, but need only preach as God's Spirit directs. Pray I listen and give what only He desires for His people at Living Hope.

No comments: