Friday, January 7, 2011

Africa on My Mind


I woke up thinking about and praying for Africa. It will not be long before I will be there with a small team of leaders to evangelize, train young Christians and church leaders, and to pray for a village that needs a church. It is our hope to have Living Hope take responsibility to see to it that a church is planted in that village of some 15,000 lost people.

Please commit to pray for me and the team of men I will be serving with. Ask God to keep us safe and healthy, to enable us to serve Him and His church effectively, and for Him to do a work in us and through us that brings Him glory. Also, please be in prayer for the missionaries and the people group we will be seeking to give hope to. You can read about the people group here and get to know the missionaries here.

Please be in prayer for our families here. They will have to continue on with business as usual without our help. The workload they will have to carry along with missing us and praying for us will be quite a burden.

Right now each of us is finishing our planning for what we will teach. We are making final decisions about what we are going to bring and preparing our hearts and minds for spiritual darkness, heat, and also for the sweetness of fellowship with our missionary friends and the new believers we will come to love. If you could pray that God would provide us with discernment and for clarity in our preparation for what to teach, that would be a huge help. There is so much we can give, but so little time.

Opportunities like this have the power to change us and eternity. My prayer is that God will do a fresh work in me and grow a greater love and awe of Him in my heart.

3 comments:

the Phillips said...

Really can't wait to have you here! We are SO excited about what God WILL do thru y'all & LH's partnership with the Songhai! Don't forget to pack ur water bottle!! - parx

the Phillips said...

Really can't wait to have you here! We are SO excited about what God WILL do thru y'all & LH's partnership with the Songhai! Don't forget to pack ur water bottle!! - parx

Erin said...

Pastor Jason, I don't know if you know me but I'm one of the college students who will be going as a summer missionary to Niger in May-July. The work that you and the rest of the team will be doing this January is what will determine what I will be doing this summer, so I'm REALLY excited for you all!! :) I've been praying for you all and will continue to pray as you're in Niger. I can't wait to hear all about whats been going on there when you all get back!!! :)
To God Be The Glory,
Erin Bloss