Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda


I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I was so tired. It was cold. My head is stopped up with the beginnings of a sinus infection. The last thing I wanted to do was put on my work out clothes, get in a cold car, and go work out.

But I did. The only reason I got up and went was because I knew that if I didn't follow through with my commitment, I would have regretted it. Regret is the worst. There is nothing that can mend it. Opportunities come and when we don't take advantage of them, we don't get a do over. You push through and go for it or you miss it.

The words "would have", "should have", and "could have" leave a bad taste in my mouth. They are the first words of justified failure. Once you start saying those words and get comfortable with them, you can know you have accepted regret as a reality. That's no way to live.

God has a great day planned for each of us today who have been saved by grace through faith. Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. The question we have to answer is, will I go for it and take advantage of the opportunities that stand before me today even though they will require great effort and maybe sacrifice or will I settle for regret.

No comments: