Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Songs in the Night

Please pray for a precious young woman named Kelley. She is in incredible pain after a very serious surgery. I received an email from her this morning and in response provided her a devotional thought I had just received. God is always good to give us a Word from Him that we can use and pass on to others (2 Timothy 2:2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.)

The thought was part of a poem in the devotion Streams in the Desert. I read it every morning.

Here is the last part of what I shared with Kelley.

"So we'll follow wherever He leadeth,
Let the path be dreary or bright;
For we've proved that our God can give comfort;
Our God can give songs in the night."

This last line is a favorite of mine and reminded me of one of Spurgeon's sermons that has brought clarity and comfort to my life on many occasions. You can read Spurgeon's sermon by clicking here.

No comments: