Monday, February 8, 2010

Did I Miss It?

All week long I'd been hearing about this terrible pro-life commercial starring the outstanding Heisman Trophy winning quarterback from the University of Florida, Tim Tobow and his mom. I think I may have missed it. The only commercial I saw with those two was Tim's mom talking about her love and concern for him. He tackled her and then there was a website for people to go to.

That sounds pretty dangerous to me...

What this should remind people whose minds have been transformed by the Gospel and commanded to live on mission taking the light and love to the world is that the darkness that hates God is organized, vocal, and determined to keep what we believe and think marginalized.

We need to pray like never before and seek ways to speak well of Jesus and the Biblical values that bless a life and sustain a society. This is a kind and gracious act.

Do not expect to be appreciated for it. They crucified Jesus for love. We should not expect much better treatment.

No comments: