Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Good Word on God's Provision in the Fire

My sister called me this evening and told me about what is going on with the Breen family. My heart aches for them.

I don't know if you recall, but I told you that I was leading a Bible study this semester at school. We are doing "Daniel" by Beth Moore, and I tell you what, I will never read the book of Daniel in the same way!! But what I wanted to share was from what we did during week 3 from Daniel 3 and the fiery furnace. Our study shared the same focus as the chapter, being the fire and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Beth gives some examples concludes that when we, as Christians, are faced with "a fire" that there are three possible outcomes as well as three different dividends to our faith:
1. We can be delivered from the fire and our faith and our faith is built.
2. We can be delivered through the fire and our faith is refined.
3. We can be delivered by the fire into His arms and our faith is perfected.

Another part of the week's focus was that encourage us that until HE tells us something different, we are to pray that He will deliver us from the fire. Right now, the Breens are being delivered through a fire and I just wanted to let you know that our church group, all the way down here in the Caribbean, is praying right now that they will be delivered from it.

It scares me that my newly trained medical mind tried to immediately analyze the severity of her medical situation, but praise God, the Holy Spirit took hold of that and reminded me of God's power. We are praying for her healing and a miracle!

-Emily Schmitt Latimer

No comments: