Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Hangover


Yesterday at The Hope, we saw the largest attendance in the history of the church. Several people came to saving faith and many many more are now returning to their walk with God. A number of people will be baptized over the next few weeks as they make a public profession of their true personal faith in Jesus.

It was a wonderful day as we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord and God, Jesus Christ.

But now it's Monday. The next day has come. I hate to complain, but I'm tired. As usual, I was up at 5 am and running. We knocked out 6 miles and then I got home to study. Now I am in the midst of doing the exegetical work for next Sunday's sermon, but my mind is wandering.

So I'm writing this...

My big brother called to check on me and I was telling him how I was feeling and he said, "I guess for preachers the day after Easter is like the day after New Years for the rest of us." He always has a way of making me laugh by revealing reality from a very practical perspective.

So I guess I've got Easter hangover. The issue is identified... so now what to do about it?

Reading God's Word, I see that Peter, James and John went fishing after the resurrection (John 21). Some of the others went for a walk and got into a Bible study with Jesus (Luke 24). I think I'll do the latter and get back to work. Pray for me.

No comments: