Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Bust '10

Well, I do not know why I am surprised. The word was that we would have 2-4 inches of snow. The schools are out and my kids are home, but it is a bust.

The neighborhood kids are in our driveway making snow angels and trying to pile enough snow together on opposite sides of the yard so they can have a snow ball fight.

Last night when I went to bed, I pictured houses, yards and streets covered in white. I imagined my kids and I walking with sleds in hands to a small hill where we could laugh and play. My hope was that we would come home to a house filled with the smells of my wife's famous chili cooking and cups of hot chocolate waiting for us.

Well, so far it's a bust.

Sometimes life doesn't work out the way we thought or planned or wanted. We can pout about it. We can get mad at God. We can play the blame game. Or we can make the most of it and enjoy what we get.

I guess I better get wrapped up...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!