Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Morning

Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

I am a bit of a morning person. Since college football, when we would be up at 5 am to workout I have been accustomed to getting up and getting going. One of the things I love about the morning is the freshness of a new day that provides new opportunities. I also love the compassion of God that is new every morning. Each new day I am reminded of God's grace to me and His promise to love me eternally. Life has ups and downs, but our God's compassion and love never fails. He is always faithful.

This week I have spoken with two Godly women that can testify to that. One buried her husband this week and the other has struggled with a painful illness for months. In each instance these ladies have found that God's grace is sufficient to provide what they need each day. They have also found that God's compassion is made new every morning.

God's compassion and love does not remove our pain, but they provide the hope that produces perseverence.

Romans 5:3-5 "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

1 comment:

Katie said...

I agree with you. I think the morning is the best time of day. What a sweet reminder of God's grace and mercy in your post. Thanks!