Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Encouraging Email

I am proud to be a part of Living Hope. I received this email and it tells a lot about what makes the God and the church I serve so special.


Hey Dr. Pettus!I happened to visit your church today (Sunday, March 29). I was in town visiting some good friends of mine who happen to be new to the community of Bowling Green and have been visiting your church now for a few weeks. They really enjoy your church by the way. The reason for my email to you this afternoon is I wanted to let you know from a visitors standpoint how wonderful your church is and how much I enjoyed worshipping with your church family today and how I truly felt the presence of God today. I walked away from the 11:00 service feeling joy and blessed to know there is a church like yours that is preaching the word and is not afraid to do so. It was also so refreshing to see the joy your congregation had in worshipping today and to just feel the love your congregation has for the body of Christ. I felt like your congregation truly got what it means to be a body of Christ. I loved the fact your congregation even knew the church's mission statement and said it with such conviction and passion.

The service today was also a motivator for me to quit feeling sorry for myself. I have just recently moved to a new city(it has alone been 3 weeks) and I have been somewhat depressed and thinking about all the negative things that have been going on instead of the positive. My move was very much of a God thing and I chose to make this move. Your point today regarding how our Christian walk does not solely need to be about us was a good reminder today for me that I was given this opportunity by God to move to pursue what God wants for my life and to get going with it. First off, I need to find a church home where I can be apart of a body of Christ and do like your mission says, serve and grow. Secondly, I need to continue being in prayer and seek God for direction in what he wants me to do for a career (I am currently unemployed looking for a new direction that has been what I feel God breathed).

I appreciate your time and again just wanted to thank you for being obedient to God and not afraid to preach the word. I pray blessings for your church and know when I am back in town, I will definitely be visiting your church again.

No comments: