Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thinking about India






My thoughts are in India this morning. Our team of 16 just arrived there. Their senses are being overwhelmed right now. They are not tired. Their bodies believe it is 7:30 am, but outside it 9:00 pm. The sights, smells, and sounds of poverty, spiritual darkness, and dense humanity is bombarding them as they make their way to cabs to get to a hotel in preparation for a long train ride tomorrow.

Please pray for this team.

I remember just two weeks ago experiencing the same thing, but also sensing God's peace knowing that I had been sent their by my master to do a vital work for His Kingdom.

This team, like I was, has been sent by God to take the Gospel to people that have never heard the name of Jesus. They will be surrounded by four thousand years of demonic worship and strongholds. Pray that the light of the Gospel in their souls will burn brightly and be seen by those living in the great darkness.

Romans 10:14-15 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

Here are pictures of what I experienced getting off of the plane, to the hotel and train station, and on the train.

Click here to see better pictures and to read more stories to get a sense of what God is doing with our team.

1 comment:

Chad said...

I certainly will pray for them. There are two verses in particular, that I find comforting when I'm nervous or scared; Psalms 23:4 and Psalms 56:3. I will pray they find continued comfort and strength from Scripture.