Friday, October 24, 2008

Hope in the Midst of Despair


This morning, Blackaby’s devotion (click here to get it) gave me great hope as I was reminded by the truth of God’s goodness and faithfulness regardless of circumstance. In our country we are facing difficult economic times. We are also in the midst of an election where the media is pulling for and telling us that a pro-abortion president and congress will be taking office in ’09.

You can listen to Obama’s view on abortion and then compare it with McCain’s view by clicking here.

Here are some Scriptures that guide my thinking about life and when life begins. Even before conception God has a plan for every person ever conceived. Once life begins at conception God knows and forms that person. To end that life is to murder it and rob that precious baby of the right to live. And that kind of killing takes place everyday in this country.

Psalm 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Anyway, even in the midst of these discouraging times God is still God. God is still good. He loves us and will guide us, as His people, to live out the purpose for which He created us. Perhaps these trying times will bring our nation back to its senses and will will become one nation under God.

No comments: