Monday, April 28, 2008

You’re No Rooster


Some friends told me recently about a classified ad they saw in a small town paper. It said something to the effect of

A good looking rooster for sale. Comes to his name called. Friendly with people and other animals. Can pet it. Or would be good eating.


People may desert you. People may speak well of you in one moment and then throw you under the bus in another. God never will desert you and would never betray you.

Hebrews 13:5-6 God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 6So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

You are going to face many challenges this week: financial, relational, spiritual, or physical, but as you face them remember that you are not alone. God is with you and He won’t abandon you or sale you out.

If you have given your life to Him, you are His adopted child. You are the apple of His eye. You are His beloved. Do not fear and do not be anxious. Trust God.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Jason Pettus...how are you man? Ran across your blog tonight-glad to see a pic of you and your family. Hope things are well, just thought I would say hi!

Jennifer Cullimore

jason pettus said...

I am so glad you did. It's been a long time.
We are all doing very well. I hope you are too and walking with Christ. I'm going to follow your link and read up on you.