Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Inspiring Praise


Galatians 1:24 "And they praised God because of me."


The apostle Paul is a true inspiration. While he was alive, he caused others to praise God. Even now because God's Holy Spirit inspired him to write portions of His Word, Paul is causing me and many others to praise God.

Paul was not the most well loved guy during his life. There were some folks in Corinth and all over the Mediterranean that did not like the man. Demons hated him and even feared him. Remember what those demons said to the seven sons of Sceva in Acts 19:15 "One day the evil spirit answered them, 'Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?'”

Paul knew who he was in Christ and his passion for the Gospel and his faith in the Lord caused others to praise God. He was not always thought well of or appreciated. He did not live a perfect life or always do the right thing. He was just a man. But his life was lived for the glory of God and God worked in and through Paul.

Question to ask: Does my life defined by my faith in Jesus cause others to praise God?

No comments: