Monday, March 21, 2011

Discerning God's Will


I appreciated this post by Blanchard. This is the Scripture we've memorized this last series at The Hope and been blessed by in tremendous ways.

As leaders, we need a biblical perspective on opposition to keep us from becoming discouraged. Jesus endured opposition, so opposition does not necessarily mean that we are out of the will of God. Opposition can mean that we are right where God needs us to be. Where are you struggling with discouragement? What does God want to accomplish in and through you as you focus on Him and persevere?

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:2-3


This is an area where I often struggle. So often I want to believe that the narrow road is the path of least resistance. The fact of the matter is that the enemy of God is far more devious and treacherous than imaginable and has the capacity to bring fear and frustration at any given moment.

That is why I am so thankful that I have so many dear brothers in Christ that I can pray with, consult with, and talk with about what God is doing. God has blessed me with men that hold me accountable, with elders, with Godly staff leadership, and a network of pastors that I love and that love me. Together we are able to encourage one another to focus on Christ and find His plan in the midst of life's chaos.

I don't know much, but I know that the Christian life is not an individual effort. God saved us to be in His community of faith. It is vital for all believers to have a church home, a small group of faithful friends that are following Christ, and the humility that comes with Spirit-filled living. Armed with these gifts a believer can navigate the enemy's field of mines and walk the narrow road God has planned for each of us.

No comments: