Friday, August 6, 2010

Money Problems

I appreciate this encouragement from Ken Blanchard. I must confess that I worry about finances. Not so much mine as the church's and other people's that are out of work. I do not believe he is advocating a lack of responsibility. What I hear is an encouragement for faith in God and a heart that is at peace in His sovereign care.

Here is what Blanchard said...
Concern over finances is a major issue faced by many leaders. It is true that money is a significant consideration, but it should not be the focal point of life. When money is the top priority, destruction is sure to follow. Scripture reminds us that loving money brings evil desires and temptations. It can even lead us away from faith in God. Instead of focusing on money, we need to learn to trust the Lord, seek His wisdom and depend on Him to meet our needs.


Today I am going to pray for the needs I know of and trust God to provide in His time, according to His will and for His glory.

Reading Answers to Prayer From George Müller's Narratives by George Muller has been especially helpful in gaining a Godward perspective on God's provision.

1 comment:

ruth said...

Amen . . . if we believe He is a good God and His intentions towards us are only good - then it becomes easy to trust Him.