Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good News and Some that Are Confused

This weekend Living Hope is participating in "Find It Here." My small group along with Mark Gilliam's group will be going to a trailer park in our city to invite 213 families to join us for worship at one of our four Easter services: Thursday Night at 7 pm or Sunday morning at 8, 9:30 or 11 am.

While we were getting a map so we could outline the houses each team would be visiting, we had the opportunity to share our hope with a lady there.

It is always a blessing to me to get to share the Gospel with another person. I am reminded of the great love of God. As I share Scriptures or my story, the goodness and mercy that God has given me is overwhelming. The questions they ask cause me to reflect more deeply on what I believe and why.

The person we shared with today had a distinct view on salvation that was NOT the Gospel. She understood sin and talked about Jesus, but there was no grace. She even made fun of our church as being liberal. How about that?

I do not know what kinds of opportunities you are going to have tomorrow and that we will have as a church this weekend to share the Gospel, but what we must remember is that people need to hear the Gospel. There are many false Gospels circulating here in the South and people need to know about the unconditional unmerited love that is available in Jesus and the wonderful grace and mercy He has proven and provided in His death, burial and resurrection.

No comments: