Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blessed





I am truly blessed by God. We had family pictures yesterday. I am overwhelmed with the precious family my God has given me.

Here are some of my favorites.

But I am also reminded that the world is a fallen sinful place because I got eaten up by chiggers, while we were getting these pictures made. It is my hope that there are no chiggers in heaven. Until I am convinced otherwise it is my firm belief that chiggers are a part of the curse upon our world that makes the earth groan for the return of Christ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful family!

jason pettus said...

Thanks Pete. You too are truly blessed with Brandi and the boys. What a good God we serve.

Chad said...

You may be right about chiggers. I haven't found any chigger emtomolgy that suggests they offer humans, animals, or plants any real benefits; symbiotic or otherwise.

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that we as a church and also me as a person are truely blessed to have you as a pastor. Your sermons are a such a uplifting experience.
This past Sunday was simply put a message from God. Don't know how anyone could have missed feeling God's presence in the room, or his voice. I just want you to also know that I pray for you not just for Sunday but for all the time.
May God richly bless you as you have us. Thank-you hardly seems enough.
K.Lyn.