Friday, March 21, 2008

Missional Church Training


On Thursday the staff and I headed to First Baptist Hendersonville where we spent a special day with a couple of buddies of mine and made some new buddies.

We had the opportunity to sit under the missional guru, Ed Stetzer. Ed is a dear trusted friend to me and I was excited for our team to get to glean from his knowledge. My friend Brady Cooper, who serves as pastor of New Vision Baptist Church, met us with his staff at First Hendersonville to enjoy the training as well. Ed is currently the interim pastor at First and so they hosted us and we got the chance to meet them and learn from this as well.

It was a great day of learning and discussion. After getting to hear Ed teach from 9-12, we gathered around tables with our counterparts from the other two churches and discussed what God was doing in our church and how we hoped to live out the missional mandate given to us by Jesus.

You can read some thoughts on our missional mandate and our need to get over our doubts about it at our church prayer blog, where I provided my bimonthly post.

No comments: