Friday, February 29, 2008

Things I Don't Have To Know


I am responsible to know a lot of stuff. As a dad, I have to know the answers to the questions my kids come up with. As a pastor, I have to provide responses to the needs of my people. As a husband and friend, I have to give guidance and hear of hurts and reassure that there really is hope.

I am glad that I don't have to know everything:

1. I'm glad I don't have to know what and why God is doing what He's doing. I only have to obey Him and trust Him as the Lover of my soul and Master of my life.

2. I'm glad I don't have to know what tomorrow holds. I only have to hold the hand of the one holds tomorrow in His.

3. I'm glad I don't have to know how the story will end. I only have to know the Alpha and the Omega - the beginning and the end.

4. I'm glad I don't have to know the key that opens the door to success. I only have to open the door of my heart to the King who knocks at it.

There are a lot of other things I'm glad I don't have to know, but I think you get the point.

What are you glad you don't have to know?

No comments: