Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pink Eye

I went to a Louisville Bats baseball game and the Louisville Slugger Museum and all I got was a lousy case of pink eye in my right eye. I need that t-shirt.

I can't believe it. Both of my boys try to get this once a year, but I have avoided it for decades. But now it has happened. I officially have the cooties.

Cooties, pink eye or what eye professionals call Conjunctivitis. They say it is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (the outermost layer of the eye and the inner surface of the eyelids), most commonly due to an allergic reaction or an infection (usually viral, but sometimes bacterial). I was told mine was bacterial.

It spreads through contact. Someone had it and they touched me or something I touched and I touched my eye with the cooties on it and now my right eye looks like I'm back on the hard stuff.

It makes me think about my life and my faith. Is my faith contagious? Does being around me or touching anything I've touched infect other people with a love for Jesus. That is what I and all my siblings in Christ are called to do. We are to represent our Lord and present the Gospel so that when others can come into contact with us they come into contact with THE Savior and find love, eternal hope and redemption in Him.

2 Corinthians 5:20-6:2 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 1As God’s fellow workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. 2For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

5 comments:

ashley said...

Every week I look forward to your updates. Each time I can apply the message to my own life. So yes your faith is contagious. It helps me to continue to grow in my faith.

jason pettus said...

Thanks, Ashley.

Unknown said...

Pink Eye > Swine Flu

jason pettus said...

Very true Dan. I am thankful I can walk about and infect other people freely;-)

Katie said...

Great analogy! Get better soon!!