Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Honoring Our Veterans


Today is the day we honor our veterans. One of my great regrets I have in life is that I did not serve my country in the military. I come from a family of men who did and I am extremely proud of them and their service.

I am proud of my country and I am thankful for the men and women who currently serve and have served in years past to protect this great nation and defend our liberties. It seems in the media and even in some Christian circles that the US military is viewed as a great evil. I do not see it that way. I by no means believe that it is without its faults, but so is the church and every Christian I know.

What makes me so thankful is their willingness to sacrifice their lives for me and for the nation I get to live in. Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). Many of our veterans paid the ultimate sacrifice to provide the freedoms we enjoy. There are many who are putting themselves in a position to pay that price today. These are men and women who love us and our great nation and so I say thank you and honor you today.

No comments: