Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Who’s My Epaphras?


Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

There is something different about me today. I have a strange clarity and a sense of transcendence concerning the challenges I face as a leader and a man living in a fallen world.

I began to sense this difference yesterday. I began walking with someone who has been wrestling with God (Genesis 32) and I sensed God’s presence in a new fresh way. When I got back to the office and began my regular time of prayer, I sensed that my prayers were aligned with God’s will.

This morning as I began to run in the brisk morning air, I felt a confidence I’ve been lacking. There was an excitement I could not explain. I see what can be with vivid starkness. It’s as if a cloud has been lifted.

What is different you might ask? Some would say it is just spring time. Others might muse that the joy of the resurrection we celebrate on Sunday is being felt in my soul.

Both might be true, but I have hunch it is something else. I believe someone is praying for me. As Epaphras prayed for the people gathering at the church at Colossi, someone is praying for me.

Are you my Epaphras? If not, why not?

Please pray for me. For those who have been, don’t stop.

Praise God who answers the prayers of His people – the righteous in Christ!

James 5:16-18 The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

No comments: